Welcome to the second part in my series. 🙂 Remember, some of these may be huge generalizations, but that’s ok.
Random Observations: Week 2
- There is no sugar free Red Bull in the country. This was one of my favorite drinks with vodka in the US.
- There are (almost) no obese people in Argentina. There may be some people with pot bellies or a few extra pounds, but you do not see people who are extremely overweight like in the U.S. This is surprising because:
- There is an ice cream store every couple of blocks.
- There is a pastry store on almost every block and they use dulce du leche in almost everything.
- Most people eat dinner after 10pm.
- Everyone seems to love McDonald’s and Burger King. They are always packed and usually have really long lines.
- Speaking of lines – lines seem to move a lot slower here. This is probably why they have special lines that pregnant women can cut to the front of in most stores.
- Speaking of ice cream – the size of the ice cream cones here are ridicuously small, but they heap the ice cream onto these tiny little cones. The ice cream is delicious too.
- Purple is the color of the season (winter). All the stores have mannequins dressed in purple outfits. I have not bought anything purple yet.
- Restaurant observations:
- You seat yourself at most restaurants.
- Remember to say “con gas” (sparkling) or “sin gas” (flat) when ordering water.
- Every place gives you a huge bread basket before dinner.